Intel just announced its 11th Gen Intel Core ‘Tiger Lake’ processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics for thin-and-light laptops. It uses Intel’s new SuperFin process technology, optimize power efficiency with leading performance and responsiveness while running at significantly higher frequencies of up to 4.8GHz.
Highlights of 11th Gen Intel Core Processors
- More immersive and personal AI-enhanced experiences, including enhanced audio with CPU offload for background noise suppression via Intel Gaussian and Neural Accelerator 2.0 (Intel GNA)
- AI-accelerated background blur and video super-resolution, the latest video decode and integrated Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+)
- Up to 2.7x faster real-world photo editing and up to 2x faster real-world video editing versus competitive products, in addition to support for 8K HDR displays and up to four simultaneous 4K HDR displays.
- More than 20% faster office productivity versus competitive products
- Integrated Thunderbolt 4 capabilities for up to four ports for connecting to a universe of peripherals and single-cable access to fast-charging, external monitors and extended storage.
- The first mobile client SoC with CPU-attached PCIe Gen 4 interface and with up to four lanes.
- First in the industry with hardware-supported Dolby Vision
- Up to 2x game performance over the previous generation to play Borderlands 3, Far Cry New Dawn, Hitman 2 and other popular game titles for the first time at 1080p on Intel’s integrated Iris Xe graphics that outperform 90% of the discrete graphics paired in this segment and offer up to 96 execution units (EU) and up to 16MB of L3 cache.
- Improved system-level power by approximately 20% versus the previous generation, translating to more than an hour of additional video streaming on battery
- Support for the high-performance AV1 CODEC that enables power-efficient support for 4K, even in constrained bandwidth environments.
- The first with image processing solution enabling vision sensing and adaptive dimming.